2012-02-26

Crowd Running

I'm an aggressive walker.

It's kinda like being an aggressive driver. If something is in my way, I try to get around it without slowing down. I can't call it parkour or anything, because it's less about gymnastics and more contortions. If somebody walks into my way, I twist around them. If a crowd of people are milling about, I move through the tiny spaces between them. I win if I don't touch anybody or anything before I finish. The challenge comes from the fact I have to slow down as little as possible. That's what makes it harder than it sounds.

The more I do it, the more automatic it becomes. It's reached the point where I no longer even think about slowing down or walking around people. My body habitually warps around the obstacles. Kinda cool in most situations, but definitely not when the crowd running would be embarrassing or dangerous. My new challenge is to not crowd run. I think it's gonna be a lot harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment