2011-09-01

A Challenge to G

I come back from my job in Chile and find out he made only two posts since I left. I'm sure G has an excuse like "but I had so much wooooooork", but I had a similar workload as him and spent all my free time hiking around and shit and still managed to throw up 30+ posts. Obviously G needs a little motivation. Therefore I send a CHALLENGE!

Often when I was flying around I'd be stuck in a seat I didn't like, a middle seat or an aisle seat. Now I know that there are a lot of people who'd prefer aisle seats just as I prefer window ones. The way the system is set up you can't switch with them. You can pick a different available seat if the plane isn't completely full, but there's no way for two people to use the system to trade seats. This isn't a problem if the two people are friends, or can talk to each other. But how can we arrange trades between strangers? How do I know that the person two rows behind me would gladly switch his window seat for my aisle? As the systems currently work, you can't.

So the CHALLENGE: G, you must work out an adequate system that would ensure that, after all seats are assigned, people can swap seats with strangers. If you succeed, I will owe you a pie of my choosing. If you fail, DEATH.

By reading this, G, you implicitly agree that you will accept this CHALLENGE. You have 10 days.

2 comments:

  1. This is too intellectually interesting for me not to accept too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't get a pie though. Only DEATH.

    ReplyDelete