2012-05-09

Over a year

Holy cow, it's been over a year now, hasn't it? We posted updates before last Scav. That I know. How much has happened since then?

We really haven't done all that much with this blog. G has posted a few large bits. I have posted many small ones. There is no recurrence of ideas and no overall theme. It's a personal thoughts blog. For all of the thoughts that aren't supposed to go in Improving Myself to Death. And whatever G decides is worth writing. IMtD takes up most of my time, and G doesn't post anymore (last post notwithstanding). Should we even bother with this blog?

I think so, at least. I mentioned on the Other Blog that I feel an obligation to be innovative. Here I feel an obligation to be clever. Or insightful, or meaningful. All the same, really. I want all of my posts to really mean something. It's pretty taxing and part of why I don't update very often.

But I've been updating more and more due to the new resolution, and the quality of my posts has gone down. And you know what? Let it. I shouldn't feel constrained to always be funny or be insightful. I'm going to write stupid things and nobody's gonna stop me.

Mostly because nobody cares enough to stop me, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment